Sunday, November 3, 2013

Review: Rudy's BBQ and Country Store

Ok, on the road in Texas again and was on my way back from west Texas and needed to stop for dinner.  I have been eating at Chick Fil A all week.  They have a great assortment of low fat meals that are filling and will get you through to the next meal.  However, you can get sick of something quick so I decided to get some Smoked Turkey.  I was on my way home and decided to stop at Rudy's in Waco.  There are better places to get smoked turkey but Rudy's is convenient and they are open for dinner. 

I stepped up and ordered 1/2 pound of smoked Turkey, a side of Rudy's beans, two slices of 100% wheat bread, and unsweet tea with lemon.  I garnished the order with onions and jalapeños.

While the Turkey was good, reasonably moist, and had a good amount of smoke on it, would like them to use more rub to add a little bit more of a pepper flavor to it.  I put the turkey slices into one of the slices of Nature's own 100% whole wheat bread (70 calories/slice), added onion and jalapeño slices and dipped this in Rudy's Sissy Sauce.  The combination of smoke, sweet sauce, and jalapeño is very good.

I sliced up a bunch of onions and jalapeño and added it to the Rudy's beans (pinto beans cooked in the traditional Texas style) and this was a very good low fat side to the turkey.  Overall, there are a few places that have better turkey, but pretty darn good for a BBQ chain.  Overall, a B on the grading scale.  I was pretty hungry so I forgot to take a picture before I ate.  So here is a picture of the debris:



Overall calorie damage is 485 with the two slices of bread.  I will add another 150 calories for the onions, jalapeños and Sissy Sauce.  Really a very filling meal for low calorie count. 

Overall, I am down 9 lbs.  I need to keep exercising and focus on my calorie intake.  I will keep you posted.

Rudy's Beans, small side:

Calories142Sodium0 mg
Total Fat2 gPotassium0 mg
Saturated0 gTotal Carbs24 g
Polyunsaturated0 gDietary Fiber7 g
Monounsaturated0 gSugars1 g
Trans0 gProtein6 g
Cholesterol0 mg  
Vitamin A0%Calcium0%
Vitamin C0%Iron0%



Rudy's Smoked Turkey 1/2 lb

Calories213Sodium0 mg
Total Fat3 gPotassium0 mg
Saturated0 gTotal Carbs4 g
Polyunsaturated0 gDietary Fiber0 g
Monounsaturated0 gSugars3 g
Trans0 gProtein46 g
Cholesterol0 mg  
Vitamin A0%Calcium0%
Vitamin C0%Iron0%

No comments:

Post a Comment